This week at the Ray’s…
- We bought a new digital SLR camera (for you non-photogs, that’s the fancy-smancy one) and a new laptop – thank you, bonus! I’m looking forward to taking lots of (hopefully) higher quality photos (what, my cell phone photos aren’t doing it for you?) and editing them with Photoshop (also new to me).
- I’m actually typing up this post on my new Dell XPS laptop. It’s all sassy with its aluminum plating and whatnot. I named it the Silver Bullet. Our white all-in-one desktop is named Whitey. In hindsight, it’s surprising that I was allowed to name our baby.
- Brad unpacked the camera tonight, and it was so fun watching him play with it and get excited about taking pictures. Surprise, surprise – police work isn’t really a creative outlet, so I think both Brad and I are going to enjoy our new Canon. It’s going to be even more fun to learn about photography together.
- We are thinking of taking Vivi out tomorrow afternoon if it’s sunny to get some photos in the Texas wildflowers. Gratuitous bluebonnet shot in our future? You bet.
- In other news, I like using parentheticals. Brad says I overuse them. I say, not possible (…okay, it’s totally possible. See the first bullet.) I also used to say the word “parenthetical” all the time in my marcom job. It’s a nice word… rolls off the tongue… but sadly also immediately makes you sound pretentious. I’m curious to see if Dell speak is going to start to leave my vocabulary (“it is what it is”, “putting out a fire”, “churn”, I could go on and on…). I have a feeling that I’ll be speaking Dell for years to come.
- Vivian is such a joy! Every morning I wake up to her chatting away, and when I peek over the edge of the bed to see her little face, she just breaks into the biggest grin and wiggles all over the place out of sheer happiness. Who wouldn’t want to wake up to that?
- In related news, I’m trying to steel up the guts to move her from her bouncy chair – where she currently sleeps – to her crib in her own room. Honestly, I’m dreading it, mostly because I have really grown to love having her in our bedroom! I may do a post on this in a day or two. Stay tuned.
- A couple of weeks back, Vivian started rolling over, usually several times a day, from her back to her tummy. In the last week or so, it seems like she has forgotten how to do it. My mom said it’s normal. Anyone have any words of advice about milestones-amnesia? I’m going to work on increasing her tummy time.
- In case you missed it, here’s a video I posted yesterday of Vivian’s first few days.
- Every day I feel like the difficulties of having a newborn fade a bit more. At first, I was changing 14 diapers and breastfeeding for 3 hours a day. Now it’s more like 9 diapers and 1 hour of breastfeeding a day. Plus, now Vivian is playing with toys and really interacting with her surroundings. I think it’s just going to get more and more fun. No, it won’t ever be easy, but I do feel much more relaxed as a mom than I did even a month ago.
Happy Friday. It’s Friday the 13th – watch out for black cats! They’re sneaky, y’all.