Nothing much to report here – just a few bits and pieces for y’all.
- With a slip of the finger, Vivi can easily become Bobo while typing or texting. Oddly enough, I once nicknamed Brad “Bobo the Clown” in college. That lasted for about an hour before he got seriously annoyed. I have no recollection of why I nicknamed him this or why I thought it was funny at the time.
- Is it just me, or are clowns incredible frightening? In fact, I don’t like anything in a costume. I get very uncomfortable around Easter bunnies, mascots, and even cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse.
- My baby doesn’t nap – well, not as you might expect. She typically takes three to four 30 minute cat-naps a day. I would complain about not getting anything done, but who wants to do chores anyway?
- Also not complaining because she has been sleeping 6-9 hours straight a night for over a month. I didn’t want to say this out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but how awesome is that kid? Not only that – in the last two weeks, she has started tacking on another 2-3 hours to the “big sleep” after a short waking.
- What’s my baby-sleeping secret? Heck if I know. I did absolutely nothing to cultivate this sleep miracle other than keep it loud and bright in the house during the day and keep it quiet and dim at night. That child’s just a natural sleeper – she comes from good sleeping stock.
- March is a month of important weddings for me. My sister got married last weekend, and my best friend is getting married two weeks from now. I love weddings; I’m a sucker for romance.
- I loaned my copy of The Hunger Games to someone… but I don’t remember who. Bueller? . . . Bueller?
- I started a new book last night (couldn’t sleep again… obviously Vivi didn’t get my sleep genes) called The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I’m only about 50 pages in but I think it’s promising. I’ll keep the updates coming.
- I’m a book hoarder. I usually buy one new book for every three unread books I have at home.
- I never got around to finishing up Vivi’s nursery – decorating-wise, I mean. Being the obnoxious planner that I am, it was very unlike me to be so chill during my pregnancy. I did the important things – washed the linens and clothes, packed the hospital bag, bought diapers – but hanging pictures on the wall never seemed urgent. Slowly but surely I am getting the room together with the help of my friend Haley. We’ve started a fabric hoop art project – I hope to finish it soon and will post pictures.
- Do you know your love language (see: The Five Love Languages)? I’ve read the book, and I know that other people show and need love in ways different than me… yet I am still hurt or befuddled when a gesture of love doesn’t work out as I intended.
- We have five (yes, five) laundry baskets in our house… two in the master bedroom closet (gentles and everything else), two in the laundry room (towels/wet items and really dirty/smelly work-out clothes), and Vivi’s special Dreft hamper in her closet. I know in my heart of hearts that it’s insane to have this many hampers. I know it! But for each hamper in the house, I can tack on at least 2 extra days of not needing to do laundry… it’s my least favorite chore.
Hope you all had a great weekend – enjoy your Sunday! I’ll be doing laundry . . .